Perhaps the most annoying thing for drivers about engine maintenance is that they dont know where to start. For everyone who needs engine maintenance in Mesa AZ, have no fear. We at The Brake Shop have been helping our customers get things sorted out for years, and engine maintenance is no exception.
One of the most important pieces of your car is also one of the easiest to forget. Of course, we all know that if we need engine repair, it can put a serious damper on our ability to get around. Most drivers are able to feel a problem with the engine as they drive, but as time progresses, it is very easy to forget that little knock you heard, or the extra work it took to get up that hill. The worst part about all this is the fact that while you are driving with these little inconsistencies, your engine is slowly degrading.
With all this in mind, it starts becoming a little interesting that many people will actually allow these little issues that require very little work to fix to turn into major issues that require significant repairs to fix.
Once you are aware of the fact that semi regular engine maintenance can do wonders for the health and longevity of your vehicle, It becomes prudent to learn a few of the side effects of when engine maintenance is necessary, and what you should do about it.
- Check Engine Light: almost every car on the road today has a visual warning system most common known as a check engine light. Most drivers are content to allow this light to remain active for the vast majority of the cars life, often passing it off as “it must be some sensor that has gone out. Though this may be true, it is also a possibility that there is a deeper issue manifesting itself, or the trouble the sensor would normally report is going unnoticed
- Abnormal engine behavior: Any kind of strange activity from your engine is an indication that something could be amiss. Most people spend a good amount of time behind the wheel of their vehicle and can certainly notice inconsistencies in their vehicles behavior. It is extremely important to have these rectified as quickly as possible before these little problems turn into much larger and much more expensive ones.
- Strange engine noises: Engine noises are viewed as the hallmark of impending engine issues for good reason. They are easily the second best indicator that something is going wrong with your car. Knocking, pinging and rattling noises are extremely important to pay attention to because they can indicate
- Engine odor inside cabin: if you smell any engine odors or noxious smells while you are driving your vehicle, it is a safe bet that something is going wrong with the engine. Any persistent smell while driving means its time to take the car in for an inspection. Also keep in mind that engine emissions inside your cabin constitute an immediate safety and health risk to you and your passengers. Pay attention to the smell of burning rubber, as it could mean that one of the belts or hoses could be failing.
- Smoke: if your tailpipe is spewing smoke, you could have a very serious problem on your hands, there are generally two kinds of smoke to watch out for when it comes to your engine, both will most likely come out of the tail pipe. Blue smoke indicates that oil has leaked into your gasoline, and white smoke can indicate either water or antifreeze.
If you experience any of these symptoms of engine trouble, contact us immediately. Our staff will be more than happy to answer any questions you have, and the sooner these things are taken care of, the cheaper the repairs will be.